Workshop | The interdependencies of wholistic system change
The second in our programme of deep-dive discussion opportunities sees a small group of peers explore how the three consultations will need to work together. With industry insight from SUEZ recycling and recovery UK experts, this two-hour, informal session enables open discussion of key issues, including:
- If the interface points appear strong and well laid out, or if in practice there will be details that fall through the cracks.
- The definitions used in the consultations and who will be delivering against which targets.
- Where the policy proposals do not fit well together and whether unintended consequences might be delivered – from composition at the kerbside, to changing materials in stores, can the policies together deliver the desired outcomes for all stakeholders?
- If timelines are realistic or where timing conflicts may arise
- The operational and structural management of the transition from DRS roll-out to core materials at the kerbside, plus changing Transfer Stations and MRFs