Navigating the future: key trends and topics shaping the resources and waste industry in 2024
As we enter the new year, the resources and waste industry is at a crossroads, a transition point driven by the sector's continued evolution. 2024 will see us face a combination of policy shifts, stricter regulations, and innovative approaches, presenting a landscape of challenges and opportunities.
This evolution is re-shaping how we manage waste, demanding adaptability to overcome challenges and seize the prospects for positive change. We are prompted to address two crucial questions: Do we have the knowledge to understand upcoming changes? And are we sufficiently equipped to face the challenges that accompany them?
The extended producer responsibility (EPR) policy and the Simpler Recycling reform are just some aspects we must consider. These changes will have a widespread impact on organisations across various sectors. Whether you are part of a private company or a local council, readiness is vital.
Join our webinar for an insightful discussion led by industry experts, where we unravel the intricacies of upcoming changes. Gain valuable insights, explore key trends and topics, and be part of the conversation shaping the future of waste management. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your understanding and stay ahead in the ever-changing landscape of sustainable practices.
- Dr Adam Read – Chief Sustainability and External Affairs Officer, SUEZ recycling and recovery UK (Chair)
- John Scanlon – Chief Executive Officer, SUEZ recycling and recovery UK
- Libby Peake – Head of Resource Policy, Green Alliance
- Signe Norberg – Head of Public Affairs and Communications, Aldersgate Group
- Lee Marshall – Policy & External Affairs Director, CIWM
- Watch the recording